Safeguarding at Endeavour
Endeavour Academy recognises its moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of its children. We will be alert to signs of abuse and neglect and we will follow our procedures and policies to ensure that our children receive effective support and protection.
We keep children safe by:
- Having an up to date Safeguarding policy.
- Checking the suitability of all our staff that work with children through stringent checking procedures.
- Having an open-door policy where concerns can be shared in confidence.
- Ensuring all our teaching and non-teaching staff have up to date child protection and safeguarding training.
- Sharing information with appropriate agencies if we have concerns.
- Having three identified members of staff who have responsibility for safeguarding (Mrs Hill, Mrs Rhodes, Miss Tetlow).
- Having a safeguarding focus on our school newsletter for parents
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality
Since January 2019, Endeavour Academy has implemented a new project run jointly between schools and Greater Manchester Police. This project is called Operation Encompass. It aims to support children who are affected by domestic violence by ensuring that their school is informed. This allows the school to support the children. If you have any other questions about this project, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
You can find out more about Operation Encompass here: http://www.operationencompass.org/